Auckland Green Drinks
Welcome to Auckland Green Drinks
Green Drinks in Auckland is coordinated by the Auckland Branch of NZAEE (NZ Association for Environmental Education). NZAEE work with a different "host" every month who provide the venue and run the event however they like. The aim of Auckland's Green Drinks is to get people from different professions and backgrounds together to talk sustainability… it’s about scientists talking to ad execs, urban planners talking to teachers, business leaders talking to not-for-profits, engineers talking to artists, academics talking to TV producers, and actors talking to architects.
Our Next Green Drinks
Our next Green Drinks is hosted by EcoMatters Environment Trsut on Thursday 29 October at the EcoMatters Environment Centre in New Lynn. This is a limited rsvp event, so ensure you subscribe to our invite list and register for the event.
Invites will be sent to those people on the Green Drinks database a week or two prior to the event and RSVPs are essential. If you are not already on the invite database, then please register yourself at http://www.boltmail.co.nz/nzaee/green-drinks-subscription.html to receive future invites.
Future Events and Hosts
Green Drinks can be hosted by any businesses, community groups or individuals. If you would like to host Green Drinks, we would love to talk to you! Please contact us at auckland (at) nzaee. org.nz
Auckland Green Drinks started in September 2007 after the Auckland Branch of NZAEE (NZ Association for Environmental Education) discussed networking opportunities for their members. Green Drinks seemed like the perfect way to bring together everyone interested in environmental and sustainability issues.
Our first Green Drinks was hosted by NZAEE at the Auckland Regional Council offices and attracted 200 guests from 80 different organisations...it was an amazing night that included a mix-and-mingle Green Pub Quiz.
Since then we have gone from strength to strength...NZAEE have partnered with many hosts in different areas to generate highly succesful events:
- 29 Feb - we partnered with the Department of Conservation and had Green Drinks at the Fort Takapuna Historic Tunnels for the launch of Seaweek
- 5 March - we were hosted by Greenpeace on the Rainbow Warrior down at Princes Wharf
- 3 April - we held an end of summer street party with ecostore
- 1 May - we were hosted by the Ministry for the Environment at the "GUEDO" office to help launch their "25 easy steps towards sustainability"
- 26 July - NZAEE hosted a climate change focused Green Drinks at the Auckland Regional Council building
- 19 August - we were hosted by Papawai Press, Verran Primary School and North Shore City Council for the launch of a new organic gardening book by Dee Pigneguy
- 16 September - we were hosted by the Auckland Regional Council to celebrate the launch of the fantastic new regional Eco Events website
- 30 October - it was a Hallow-green party hosted by the Ecomatters Trust in New Lynn
- 9 December - we were hosted by NEXUS the youth sustainability organisation at Auckland University
- 28 January 2009 - Greenpeace showed us their fab new offices in Mt Eden
- 18 February - Hosted by Visy Recycling, the tour of the new reycling facility was an NZAEE members only event due to restricted numbers
- 3 March - was hosted by us (NZAEE!) to celebrate national Seaweek. We kept it simple and got everyone to gather at Degree Gastrobar in the Viaduct.
- 20 May - we had a great time talking Green Building in Parnell...hosted by Jasmax Ltd, Johann Bernhardt, and Balasoglou Books.
- 2 June - hosted by Auckland Zoo at the old elephant house, opening a photographic exhibition of Whangateau Harbour
- 7 July - we had a fantastic night at Borderless Productions with all the folks from Good Magazine.
- 15 Sept - we were hosted by Greenpeace again (third time!!) who got us all to SIGN ON and to get in behind their climate change champaign.
- 7 October- NZAEE members were treated to a "Sustainable Science Treasure Trail Green Drinks" at Landcare Research.
- 8 Dec - Hosted by the Kaipatiki Project in Birkdale
- 18 February - A refined event held by Creo Sustain and Envirospec in the Glengarry wine tasting room
- 9 March- A marine theme for Sea Week at Kelly Tarlton's on Tamaki Drive
- 26th May – We enjoyed a non-alcoholic event with fair trade beverages and heard from enthusiastic youths who are part of the MAD (Make a Difference) youth initiative, hosted by the Department of Conservation
- 21st June – We enjoyed a cosy night out with the Shakespear Open Sanctuary Society Incorporated, and heard about their predator proof fence and sanctuary plans in Silverdale.
- 2nd July – The Green Party hosted a convivial event with home made fare and sustainably produced wine in Eden Terrace
- 2nd August - The Keep New Zealand Beautiful Trust hosted Green Drinks in Newmarket.
- 23rd September - Sustainable Business Network hosted a fun and active networking session above the Eco Store.
- 20th October - Lower Emissions hosted Green Drinks in Albany.
- 18th November - Planet FM in Pt Chev
- 3 March - The Auckland Zoo opened their gorgeous surroundings for a photo exhibition by one of their keepers.
- 7 April - Instep held this event at the historic Auckland City Hotel who have been reducing their footprint and provided us delicious Malaysian nibbles.
- 29 May - Envirospec hosted a unique event on a Sunday afternoon at the Green Living and NZ Organic Expo at Alexander Park. We were treated to a fashion show and a live band - the Nukes - a ukulele band.
- 7 July - Low Impact introduced us to their revoluntionary worm bins called 'Hungry Bin' and nibbles were kindly provided by Kokako
- 22 September - we were inspired by the Sustain/Create panel discussion at AUT and then moved into the ST PAUL Street Gallery next door for an exhibition about consumer culture.
- 8 March - EnviroSpec, Toa Architects and Material Creative hosted an inspiring event at the Australis Room in the heart of Britomart.
- 3 May - Fairtrade Association hosted an outstanding Green Drinks at The Library Bar to launch Fairtrade Fortnight
- 12 May - a weekend Green Drinks opportunity was hosted by the Green Living Expo at the end of an exciting day showcasing organic and green living options
- 27 June - kindly hosted by the amazing Kitchen in Grey Lynn (a shared workspace for social entrepreneurs)
- 13 Sept - this event was co-hosted by the Auckland Zoo and the New Zealand Association for Environmental Education (NZAEE) who have been coordinating Green Drinks for the past 5 years here in Auckland! We celebrated both Conservation Week and the 5 year Anniversary of Green Drinks in Auckland.
24 Oct - was once again hosted by The Kitchen in Grey Lynn (a shared workspace for social entrepreneurs).
23 Nov - the Sustainable Business Network put on another fantastic Green Drinks at the Sustainable City Showcase
- 30 May - EnviroSpec hosted Green Drinks at the Nathan Club, Britomart. EnviroSpec have started a new seminar series aimed at bringing together architects, homeowners, builders and product suppliers to talk about sustainability in a relaxed networking environment. We loved joining them for their first event!!
- 29 June - Green Drinks was hosted by The Green Living Show at the ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane. There was an Eco Chic Fashion Show, organic nibbles and affordable drinks for us all to enjoy.
- 18 September - hosted by Low Impact who have just been certified carboNZero!!! Another fantastic night with the Low Impact crew who can put together a Hungry Worm Bin blind folded!!!
- 24 October - it was our 6th Green Drinks birthday and it went off!! Prizes, giveaways, cake and quiz competitions made it an awesome night at the Old Elephant House at Auckland Zoo.
- 6 November - The wonderful team at Reclaim hosted us at a unique central city location, Gus Fisher Gallery. We celebrated Recycle Week and all had a great a night!
- 22 May - The first Green Drinks of 2014 was jointly hosted by the Department of Conservation and Auckland Council to celebrate International Biodiversity Day and the 1 year anniversary of naturespace.org.nz
- 5 July - once again hosted by the wonderful team at The Green Living Show at the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane.
- 3 March - hosted by NZAEE, the NZ Coastal Society and Beca to celebrate Seaweek 2015!
We aim to move Green Drinks around the region so that different people have access to the networking opportunity.
If you would like more information about Green Drinks in Auckland then email auckland [at] nzaee [dot] org.nz.